Safety & SecurityOur staff is trained and certified in: CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease & Child Abuse Recognition
- Only pre-approved people with photo identification may pick-up your children.
- We are serious about training for tornadoes, fires and lockdown situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan in each classroom.
- We regularly test and train so our staff and children are ready.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- We have safe and sturdy playground equipment.
- Quarterly playground inspections.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.
- We have dedicated friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
- All staff must complete a criminal background checks (BCI and FBI) to ensure trustworthy staff.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Prevention and Communicable Disease.
- We clean our center daily.
- Cleaning supplies are stored safely out of reach of children.
- We clean and disinfected toys daily.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Our center is secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- Our center includes smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Our center is licensed with the State of Ohio Job and Family Services Child Care.
- We follow state staff/child ratios.
- Our inspection reports are available
- We do health checks on every child by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child's day.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
Great Day Child Care and Learning Center
We provide the highest quality child care services to families all over Lake & Geauga Counties.
Our staff is fully trained and we supply a caring and compassionate environment for your child to grow and have fun interacting with friends while learning new skills everyday.